This is our twist on the classic old fashioned. Bold, intense, and very flavorful, the Vietnamese coffee old fashioned combines the smokiness of whiskey with the chocolatey flavors of Vietnamese coffee to create a savory and sumptuous drink unlike any other. Level up your mixology game with this one!
- 1 double shot Vietnamese coffee (or 2 oz Phin Drip), room temperature
- 1 oz bourbon or rye whiskey
- .25 oz simple syrup
- A dash of Peychaud's bitters
- 1 1-inch piece of lemon peel
- Brew phin coffee. (Need a phin kit? Purchase your phin kit here.)
- Combine Vietnamese coffee, bourbon, simple syrup, and bitters in a shaker and fill with ice.
- Stir with a bar spoon for 30 seconds and strain into a rocks glass filled with ice (big ice cube optional, but recommended).
- Twist lemon peel over the drink and rub around the rim of the glass.
- Garnish with lemon peel, optional.