Phin is a Vietnamese slow drip brew style. It is the most common and beloved brew style in Vietnam.
Recommended coffee: Loyalty or Grit (for stronger coffee)
The robusta beans in this signature blend are indicative of Vietnamese coffee culture.
4 oz of boiling water, 195-205 degrees
2 tablespoons of ground coffee
- Bring water temp to 205°F
- Add 2 tablespoons (or 14 grams) of ground coffee
- Even out grinds, gently drop inside topper
- Place entire set up on a scale, zero out (optional)
- Pour 0.8 oz water (or cover filter press w/ half inch of water) to bloom for 30-40 seconds
- Pour up to 3.2 oz of water (or fill water to the top)
- First drip should drop before 2 minutes
- Finish around 5 min - 5 min 30 seconds
- Enjoy with sweetened condensed milk, sugar, milk, or black
- Optional: Enjoy with ice, or hot water
There's no wrong way to enjoy your coffee. Try our recommended guide below, or freestyle on the water / coffee ratio until you find your personal preference (AKA the perfect cup).
Shop our coffee beans and tools here.
Try our signature Loyalty blend here.
Read why you'll love phin coffee here.