The phin filter is a Vietnamese drip brew tool or coffee maker. It is the most common and beloved brew style in Vietnam.
Recommended coffee: Our Dark Roast Coffee Trio(for stronger coffee)
The robusta beans in this signature blend are indicative of Vietnamese coffee culture.
Fine, like sand
2 tablespoons of ground coffee to 4 oz water
- Bring water temp to 205°F
- Add 2 tablespoons (14 grams) of ground coffee
- Even out grinds, gently drop in gravity press
- Place entire set up on a scale, zero out (optional)
- Pour 0.8 oz water (or cover filter press w/ half inch of water) to bloom for 30-40 seconds
- Pour up to 3.2 oz of water (or fill water to the top)
- First drip should drop before 2 minutes
- Finish around 5 min - 5 min 30 seconds
- Enjoy with sweetened condensed milk, sugar, milk, or black
- Optional: Enjoy with ice, or hot water
There's no wrong way to enjoy your coffee. Try our recommended guide below, or freestyle on the water / coffee ratio until you find your personal preference (AKA the perfect cup).
Make it COLD
Want to have chilled coffee or iced coffee right away? Brew your coffee directly over ice! Don't worry, your cup will not be diluted.
Shop our Vietnamese Coffee Starter Kit here.
Shop our Vietnamese Coffee Ultimate Bundle here.
Read why you'll love phin coffee here.