Level up your Vietnamese iced coffee with this ube sweetened condensed milk!
Ube is a purple yam, most commonly known for it's popularity in Filipino desserts. The extract lends a vibrant, purple color to the condensed milk and adds a nutty, vanilla-like flavor.
Add a squeeze of this ube sweetened condensed milk straight to your cup before brewing or dissolve it into some milk before pouring it over the top of your Vietnamese coffee!
- 2 cups of milk (full fat or low fat)
- ⅔ cup of granulated sugar
- 1 tsp of ube extract
- To a saucepan, add the milk and the sugar and simmer on low heat for 30-40 minutes. Once the sugar dissolves, avoid stirring the mixture until the liquid reduces by about half.
- Remove from the heat and add in the ube extract, mixing well.
- Let the condensed milk cool to room tempearture and store it in a food-safe jar or container. Optional - for an extra smooth finish, strain the sweetened condensed milk into your container using a fine-mesh sieve
- Store in the fridge and enjoy!