Vietnamese Iced Coffee is a beloved drink and style known around the world. Using a phin filter yields the best results. The phin filter is a Vietnamese drip brew tool or coffee maker. It is the most common and beloved brew style in Vietnam.
Recommended coffee: Our Dark Roast Coffee Trio (for stronger coffee)
The robusta beans in this signature blend are indicative of Vietnamese coffee culture.
Fine, like sand
2 tablespoons of ground coffee to 4 oz water
- Bring water temp to 205°F
- Add 2 tablespoons (14 grams) of ground coffee
- Even out grinds, gently drop in gravity press
- Place entire set up on a scale, zero out (optional)
- Pour 0.8 oz water (or cover filter press w/ half inch of water) to bloom for 30-40 seconds
- Pour up to 3.2 oz of water (or fill water to the top)
- First drip should drop before 2 minutes
- Finish around 5 min
- Add ice
- Enjoy with sweetened condensed milk, sugar, milk, or black
There's no wrong way to enjoy your coffee. Try our recommended guide below, or freestyle on the water / coffee ratio until you find your personal preference (AKA the perfect cup).
Shop our Vietnamese Coffee Starter Kit here.
Shop our Vietnamese Coffee Ultimate Bundle here.
Vegan? Try our veganized Vietnamese iced coffee recipe here.