Phin is a Vietnamese slow drip brew style. It is the most common and beloved brew style in Vietnam.
Required coffee: Loyalty
The robusta beans in this signature blend are indicative of Vietnamese coffee culture.
3 oz of boiling water, 212 degrees
2 tablespoons of ground coffee
- Bring water temp to 212°F
- Add 2 tablespoons of ground coffee into the phin
- Even out grinds, gently drop inside topper
- Add 0.5 oz of sweetened condensed milk into the glass
- Place entire set up on a scale, zero out (optional)
- Pour 0.6 oz water to bloom for 30-40 seconds
- Pour up to 3 oz of water
- First drip should be around 1 min 15 seconds
- Finish around 5 min - 5 min 30 seconds
- Stir coffee and sweetened condensed milk together. Taste for preference.
- Add ice and enjoy.
There's no wrong way to enjoy your coffee. Try our recommended guide, or freestyle on the water / coffee ratio until you find your personal preference (AKA the perfect cup).
Shop our coffee beans and tools here.
Try our signature Loyalty blend here.
Vegan? Try our veganized Vietnamese iced coffee recipe here.