Phin is a Vietnamese slow drip brew style. It is the most common and beloved brew style in Vietnam.
Required coffee: Loyalty
The robusta beans in this signature blend are indicative of Vietnamese coffee culture.
3 oz of boiling water, 212 degrees
2 tablespoons of ground coffee
- Bring water temp to 212°F
- Add 2 tablespoons of ground coffee into the phin
- Even out grinds, gently drop inside topper
- Add 0.5 oz of sweetened condensed milk into the glass
- Place entire set up on a scale, zero out (optional)
- Pour 0.6 oz water to bloom for 30-40 seconds
- Pour up to 3 oz of water
- First drip should be around 1 min 15 seconds
- Finish around 5 min - 5 min 30 seconds
- Stir coffee and sweetened condensed milk together. Taste for preference.
- Add ice and enjoy.
There's no wrong way to enjoy your coffee. Try our recommended guide, or freestyle on the water / coffee ratio until you find your personal preference (AKA the perfect cup).