How to Create an Ice Bath for the Phin Filter
We often get asked "how do I keep my coffee cold?" or "how can I chill my coffee quickly?" We have the solution for you!
Creating an ice bath for your coffee brew allows you to chill your cup quickly without diluting it with ice or water.
Enjoy with your style of milk (or non dairy), sweetener, or black!
- Place ice cubes and cold water into large bowl or container
- Place cup or mug you will brew your coffee in inside the filled container
- Place phin filter on top of cup
- Add Vietnamese coffee (we recommend 2 tablespoons)
- Shake out filter and add gravity press
- Bloom coffee with 1/3 inch of hot water (195º-205º F) for 45 seconds
- Add water to top of filter
- Brew and toss ice bath when done
- Enjoy as desired!
There's no wrong way to enjoy your coffee. Try our recommended guide, or freestyle on the water / coffee ratio until you find your personal preference (AKA the perfect cup).
Watch how to create an ice bath for your hot coffee brewing below.
Shop our coffee beans and tools here.
Try our signature Loyalty blend here.
Learn about the best tools for brewing Vietnamese coffee here.