Step aside cereal milk - it's donut milk time!
In celebration of National Donut Day (June 3rd), we're turning one of our favorite breakfast treats into a sweet you can drink!
For this recipe, we're using a classic glazed donut, but feel free to personalize with your donut of choice.
- 4 oz phin brewed coffee
- 1 plain glazed donut
- 5 oz milk of choice
- 1 tsp of sugar
- 1 oz heavy cream
- Brew coffee and let cool completely.
- In a jar, combine your donut and milk of choice. Let steep for 30 minutes at room temperature or for two hours in the fridge.
- Using a fine-mesh sieve or cheesecloth, strain the milk from the donut.
- Froth the milk. Optional - you can add in a teaspoon of sugar and a touch of heavy cream at this point to make your milk sweeter and creamier.
- To a fresh glass, add the ice, coffee, and then top with the donut milk.
- Garnish with sprinkles and enjoy!